East Kilbride Village Location
East Kilbride has grown from a small Village into Scotland's sixth largest town. Situated 9 miles away from Glasgow and close to major roads and motorways, it is easily accessible.
Where it all started....East Kilbride Village, adjacent to the Town Centre, is well sign-posted and can be reached from all routes into the town.
Car parking is available on street, in lay-bys and the following car parks:
- Main Street and Old Mill Road - next to Co-op
- Kittoch Street
- Elizabeth Court - off Stuart Street at Scotmid Funeral Directors
- St Bryde Street - behind the Village Theatre
- Montgomery Place - at the side of Lindsay House
- West Kirk - opposite Lindsay House
Public transport is available. The train station is just across the road from the West Kirk on Kittoch Street - trains run to and from Glasgow Central (usually every half hour).
Buses run through the Village and a number of buses running to the Town Centre Bus Station stop on Whitemoss Avenue, a two or three minute walk to the Village. TOA taxis are located in the Main Street.